Page Buttons

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Jeweled and NTT

Welcome to another Needle and Thread Thursday, y'all!  My lovely week of fall break sewing is over and I'm back to the daily grind.  I managed to get this quilt basted and quilted before the weekend was out, but the binding was left for Monday night.


When I was working on this quilt, I envisioned a picturesque location for the photo shoot to really show off the beauty of the fabrics and pattern, but the huge swath of storms that made its way across the country over the last couple of days has made everything soggy.  Thankfully, the Memphis area just got lots of rain, without any tornadoes or wind damage.  My deck isn't completely dried out yet, but it was okay for a few quick pics.


I really had fun with this one and I love the way it turned out.  Originally, diamonds weren't in the plan for this quilt.  I had planned to do a basic equilateral triangle quilt, but when I was playing around with the layout, I loved the diamonds so much, I just had to do it.  It's amazing how something as simple as laying the triangles end to end creates such a different look!


The wide stripes on the backing were certainly helpful for putting a dent in my Amy Butler stash, but even still, I probably still have enough for a couple more quilts.


I always try to use scraps where I can, and that includes the binding when possible.  In this case, though, I knew this quilt needed a less busy binding.  The teal tonal print is just solid enough that is contains the busy pattern of the quilt and frames it nicely.


Some quilts are much easier to name than others.  Sometimes, I know the name of the quilt as soon as I pick out the fabrics, and other times, I have to think about it for days.  With the diamond shapes and the rich jewel tones in the fabrics, the name for this one came to me pretty easily.

Okay!  On to last week's NTT highlights.  Kate at Thread Everywhere shared her Supernova blocks.  This quilt is going to be fabulous!


Janet at Simply Pieced showed off three different projects!  If you missed her XPlus quilt, you should definitely check it out, but take a look at what she made with the trimmed corners from it.  What an amazing use of scraps!


and Wendy's Quilts and More linked up this bold beauty!


I just love browsing your links week after week!  Thanks for all of the inspiration.  Let's link up, shall we?

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!



18 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt, Kelly! I love the versatility of triangles. Your layout choice is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish Kelly! Thanks as always for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving on your quilt!! It is for sure on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this quilt! The colors and pattern is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish, Kelly! I like the back as much as the front :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. great selection, love the vibrancy of Wendy`s

    ReplyDelete
  7. your "Jewelled" is simply stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want to make one!! Seriously a teal binding - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly, your diamond quilt looks great! Love the colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out great and I love the binding choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the diamonds are so fun! i like how they turned out. and that binding is smashing. do i have to tell you i like the back, too? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Jeweled quilt turned out fabulous, Kelly. Love the binding you chose. It's the perfect frame! Nice to see your roses are still in bloom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the fun party Kelly! Jeweled is a great name for your diamond quilt. Those noisy fabrics really look perfect together. I hope your weather improves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Jeweled finish and thanks for hosting this always interesting linky gathering!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this quilt and a beautiful way to showcase Amy's fabric. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your diamond quilt is a fantastic finish! Will it still be available to view on the 1st? Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful quilt! And using Amy Butler's fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful quilt! I love the diamonds in those jewel colors and gorgeous patterns. I have a weakness for Amy Butler fabrics, too...I envy your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips