Page Buttons

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

NTT is the Place to Be!

Welcome to Needle and Thread Thursday, friends!  I am so excited to finally be able to let you in on a secret that I've kept for a loooong time.  One of my designs is in the latest issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine!  It was just released on Friday, and I got my copy in the mail yesterday!  I designed the quilt last November, and made it in February, so finally seeing it in print is so rewarding!


My quilt is even pictured right there in the table of contents!  This is such a thrill for me.  Even though I have had quilts featured in a couple of other magazines, this is the first full pattern that I've had published.  I had to send the quilt to them to have it photographed and I haven't received it back yet.  You can bet that when I get it back though, I will be sure to do a photo shoot of my own!


Also, I have finally gotten my sewjo back and have been working on a quilt that I sketched out months ago; I just haven't had the chance to make it until now.  I'm planning to write a pattern for this one as soon as I finish it.


I'm hoping to get this one finished up before my summer vacation comes to a close, but since that only leaves the rest of this week, it may or may not get done.

Well, I can't wait to see what you've all been working on this week.  First, check out some of the projects from last week that really caught my eye-

Jess at Quilty Habit showed off her gorgeous, modern orange peel top-


Mila and Cuatro linked up this soft and pretty vintage sheet quilt-


and A Note to Follow Sew shared this simple, but lovely purple patchwork quilt!


Time to show off what you've got going on in your sewing space!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!


**Please remember to be sure your post includes a project.  I would appreciate it if you would not link to giveaways or other parties unless your post also includes a project you're working on.


35 comments:

  1. Got my issue on Monday and I was excited for you! Lovely quilt to add to my to make list. And I really appreciate the name as I am a Louisiana girl,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That's awesome! And I LOVE your new quilt - it's so graphic and bold. Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt in MQU is lovely. I look forward to getting my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Kelly! It looks like a beautiful quilt. Too bad your holidays are coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation Kelly! I am glad for you.:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful news! I hope I can find that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That is a beautiful quilt!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo - way to go Kelly! You have a lot to be proud of for sure! I would be high fiving you if our computers had arms! Your "sewjo" LOL definitely is back. This is my first time joining your Needle and Thread Thursday and I will be checking out everyone's photos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Kelly, you should be really proud: it's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kelly and thanks for including my quilt in NTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Kelly!
    A lovely quilt and how fun to be published in a quiltingmagazine!
    I hope that I can get hold of that magazine here in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that quilt you have published. I'll have to pick up a copy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting published! And I love your new design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting! Congratulations! Looks like a fun design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! The quilt is beautiful! Cannot wait to see the photo's when you get it back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation Kelly!! What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Huge congrats! I just got my copy & can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on being published! I'm going out to find a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations and well done Kelly! You are famous! Your quilt is a fabulous example of a modern quilt. Soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your publish of your first pattern in a magazine. The quilt is beautiful. It is hard to believe that teacher's summer breaks are coming to an end. My daughter has a training session that she teachs to other teachers and then starts school the next day. So, she is counting the days she has left at home with her two young sons. Your quilts are helping me to more dearly embrace modern quilting. There are things I adore about some traditional quilts and there are aspects of modern quilting that I am embracing. Thanks for the great post and again, congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Kelly, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your publication Kelly! I am sure there will be many more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Kelly! What a beautiful quilt. I will have to track this magazine down!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the magazine! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations--how awesome for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have the magazine and REALLY love your quilt. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Kelly!! It looks like a beautiful quilt... Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations how exciting! The quilt looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations Kelly, what a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on being published. The quilt looks great. Do you get paid for it being published in a magazine?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips