Page Buttons

Monday, June 16, 2014

Woodland Path

Hey y'all!  I feel like I've been out of touch for a little while since I haven't shared any projects lately.  I've been busy sewing, but darn those secret projects!  Since I only work on one quilt at a time, if I'm doing something secret, I end up not having anything to write at all.  That's all done though, and you'll be seeing it soon!  For the last few days though, I've been finishing up this little baby quilt.


I really intended to write a post mid-process, but what can I say?  The weather was stormy which meant that a decent photo was out of the question, and I was on a roll!  I may or may not have sung along to the blaring Frozen soundtrack while finishing it this morning.   You'll never know for sure!

This quilt will be a baby gift, and I like that the colors are a little bit woodsy.  Most of the fabrics in this quilt are Heather Bailey's Freshcut, and the yellow, green, orange, and brown are such a pretty combo that I think a baby girl will enjoy for years.  I made this quilt using my Easy Peasy Chevron Quilt method, but since I wanted the quilt a little smaller for a baby, I only did eight rows instead of ten.  The finished quilt measures approximately 48x48 inches.


The one thing I really wish I could change about this one is the placement of a couple of the fabrics.  Somehow, I ended up with all of my bigger prints in one half of the quilt, and the smaller prints in the other.  Because of the way that this quilt goes together though, it will just have to stay the way it is.



Of course, all of the scraps went into the backing, and I chose to bind it with the same orange dot fabric from the quilt.  I love the little pop of color that the binding gives!  I decided to name this one Woodland Path since the colors are so fresh and earthy.


In other news, Fat Quarter Shop is celebrating its 11th anniversary, and they are having a shipping sale!  Check out the graphic below for more details.  If you've never shopped at Fat Quarter Shop, you are missing out!  They have tons of gorgeous yardage, bundles, kits, etc., and their service is excellent.  Happy shopping!



18 comments:

  1. I'm really trying to ignore FQS's shipping sale... :x

    I like how the fabrics were placed with the larger prints to the smaller ones; it gives it a graduated effect! Your labels are super cute too; I've been trying to work out how I'm going to do labels on my quilts (I've been bad and haven't done any at all :( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Before I read your text, I thought 'what a lovely way of placing the fabrics,' - very pretty quilt, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quilt! I love the colors and the placement of your fabrics on this quilt. It's perfect! I'm a retired quilt shop owner of 20 years. I've seen a lot of quilts. I enjoy viewing your blog. Keep up up your inspiring work. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the impact of the small busy prints and the big prints is so great on this one ...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute baby quilt. Will have to check out your easy peasy chevron technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute baby quilt! I'm going to try your method, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty -- I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!! Love the colors in this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great quilt. I like the way the fabrics start with solids then small prints then large prints, it makes it flow. I am terrible for doing in-progress posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilts Kelly - they are always so fresh and clean, and well made :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job. I love zig zag pattern! Found you on Bee Social

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this baby quilt. It is so unique. I like the bold, earthy colors. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly. Cute quilt and I love that backing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful baby quilt, she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to use scraps on the back of my quits too. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so cute, the fabric placement looks wonderful, Kelly!! I love the name :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty,, I especially like how you did the backing and the label is awesome! What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute quilt, I love baby quilts. So quick and fun. The binding is adorable....really loving the orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips